We're excited to share our 3rd instalment of EVOSSI Explores taking place in Snowdonia! Renowned for its rugged trails & stunning landscapes, join a group of adventure seekers in exploring one of the most beautiful areas of Wales.
Get ready for a weekend of guided trail runs across sweeping valleys, hikes across rugged mountains & a chance to stargaze into clear skies experiencing why Snowdonia was awarded the "Dark sky reserve" status.
Dates: Friday 21st - Sunday 23rd February 2020
Duration: 3 days, 2 nights
Minimum Age: 18
Max People: 14
Minimum Experience: You must have some trail running experience & be confident on occasional uneven terrain
Recommended Kit: A complete kit checklist will be sent to you in your Welcome Pack, including; trail running shoes, a waterproof jacket & layers.
PLEASE NOTE: If you would like to spread the cost of your trip across two instalments, please contact: email@example.com
Tucked away in the heart of Snowdonia National Park, YHA Snowdon Pen y Pass is the ideal location for our adventure holiday. With stunning views of the mountainous landscape & situated at the foot of the magnificent Snowdon, over 1,000ft above sea level, this hostel makes a great base for trail running & outdoors holidays.
This much loved and famed location is now a state of the art accommodation after a £1.3m renovation. The hostel also pays tribute to its famous past and information about the surrounding mountains can be seen throughout the building.
You will be sharing a room with 1-4 people. We will do our best to accommodate group friends & male/female only rooms once all of the spots have been filled.
- Accommodation: For 2 nights in YHA Snowdon Pen y Pass
- Transport: For people traveling from London
- Taxi to / from the restaurant on Saturday evening
- Food: Breakfast on Saturday & Sunday
- Packed lunch on Saturday
- Qualified Run Leader & Mountaineer, David Riley
- Runs: Shakeout 5K on Friday afternoon & weekend 13 or 6 mile trail runs
- Hikes: Saturday & Sunday explore
- Activities: Option for wild swim & stargazing
- Talks: Adventure run talks & Q&A led by David Riley & special guests
- Free EVOSSI Performance Tee (worth £34)
- Sponsors: TRIBE Nutrition will fuel us across the weekend, alongside Raven Hill who will provide refreshments
- Welcome drink on Friday evening
- High res photos of the trip
- Full organisation & route planning taken care of
- An epic adventure with like-minded people!
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Food: Friday & Saturday evening meals
- Lunch snack on Friday & Sunday
- Personal Insurance (recommended but not required)
Those joining from London
Meet at H&H Van Hire (107E Bartholomew Road, Kentish Town, London, NW5 2AR) at 09:00am. We will set off at 09:15am & it will take us approximately 5.5hrs to reach Snowdonia (including x2 short motorway breaks).
Those from outside of London
Meet us at the YHA Snowdon Pen y Pass from 4pm onwards. Please inform us which mode of transport you'll be using to get to Snowdonia (car, train, coach etc) & what time you aim to reach us.
- The nearest rail station is Betws-Y-Coed which is 10.7 miles away
- The nearest bus stop is approximately 30 metres away from the hostel. Local bus: The Snowdon Sherpa line S2 runs from Betws-y-Coed (rail station)
- A public car park is located opposite the hostel.
TIMING & LOCATION
Arrival to YHA Snowdon Pen y Pass is from 4pm onwards on Friday afternoon. The event will finish at 12pm on Sunday afternoon, though attendees who are making their own way to Snowdonia are welcome to leave earlier if that is preferable. The weekend itinerary can be found below & further details will be shared in your Welcome Packs.
For those arriving by car, the arrival address is YHA Snowdon Pen-y-Pass, Nantgwynant, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL55 4NY
FRIDAY 21 FEB
09:00: Those traveling from London to meet at H&H Van Hire - 107E Bartholomew Road, Kentish Town, London, NW5 2AR
16:00: People outside of London to meet us at YHA Snowdon Pen-y-Pass, Nantgwynant, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL55 4NY
16:00 - 19:00: Introduction, shakeout 5K & welcome drink
19:30 - 21:30: Dinner at a local restaurant (not included in price) & adventure run talk
Accommodation in Snowdonia (organised by EVOSSI)
SATURDAY 22 FEB
07:30 - 08:30: Breakfast
09:00 - 12:00: 13 or 6 mile trail run (optional)
09:00 - 12:00: Self guided hike (optional)
12:30 - 13:30: Lunch
14:00 - 16:00: Hike to wild swim (optional)
17:00 onwards: Relax, drinks entertainment hosted by our friends at Raven Hill Brewery, adventure run talks & Q&A, dinner (dinner not included in price) & stargazing experience.
SUNDAY 23 FEB
07:30 - 08:30: Breakfast
09:00 - 11:00: 7 mile trail run (optional)
09:00 - 11:00: Self guided hike (optional)
12:00: Return to London, estimated arrival time back to the city: 18:00
Runners outside of London to leave at 12pm onwards.
- The pace will be approximately 9/10min mile.
- We will run as a pack, however if there is a natural split we will regroup at photo & water break opportunities.
- Ideally you will be able to run 10K comfortably.
- Groups will be split according to abilities on the day.
Trail Running Guide
We're very lucky to have David Riley as a lead guide for the weekend. A seasoned ultra runner, qualified run leader & all round outdoor enthusiast!
He knows Snowdonia like the back of his hand & we can't wait to share his knowledge with you. He'll be on hand to answer any technical questions you may have & share practical tips on how to improve your trail running.
Experience stargazing like never before, led by Ruby Beardsell & Ed Flood
Stargaze into clear skies & discover why Snowdonia was awarded the "Dark sky reserve" status.
Nutrition provided by our friends at TRIBE
TRIBE are a natural performance nutrition brand, inspired by a 1,000 mile run across Eastern Europe, which the 3 co-founders ran to fight human trafficking. 250 runners joined them: this was the start of the TRIBE.
Beers provided by fellow adventurers RAVEN HILL BREWERY
Adventurers at heart, Mark will tell the story behind starting his brewery & we'll share some his favourite beers; Summit, Ridge Way & Elevation.
We can't wait to explore Snowdonia on this adventure fuelled weekend with you!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org