After a wonderful trip to the Lake District, we’re excited to share our 2nd instalment of EVOSSI Explores taking place in Dorset. This Adventure Run Retreat is the perfect weekend break to get active, form new friendships & re-energise.
We’re staying in a beautiful Manor House surrounded by woodland & peaceful countryside. Well located, with a 10km run to historic places like Lulworth Cove along the Jurassic Coast. If you’re looking for a weekend adventure with great people then this is for you!
Dates: 22 - 25 November
Duration: 3 nights (or 2 if you would like to leave on Sunday)
Minimum Age: 18
Max People: 22
We are staying in a beautiful Manor House in Moreton, Dorset which sleeps 22 people. It is surrounded by parkland & has a lovely tennis court nestled in the 2 acre garden.
You will be sharing a room with 1-4 people. We will do our best to accommodate group friends & male/female only rooms once all of the spots have been filled.
- Accommodation: For up to 3 nights in the Manor House
- Food: Breakfast on Saturday, Sunday & Monday
- Lunch on Saturday & Sunday
- Transport: Taxi pick up / drop off at Moreton Station at select times
- Taxi to / from the restaurant on Saturday
- Runs: 12 or 6 mile coastal run & 10 or 5 mile wild forest run
- Yoga: Rejuvenating classes led by Liv Thurlwell
- Workshop: Strength & conditioning for runners led by Coach Liam Mystery
- Activities: Tennis, snooker, self guided walks
- Talks: Adventure run talk led by Ollie Knight
- Drinks: Welcome drink on Friday evening
- Saturday evening drinks provided by Bodega Bay
- Films: Sunday evening adventure films
- High res photos
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Dinner: Saturday & Sunday evening meals
- Extra Activities: Kayaking (+£50) & Mountain Biking (+£20)
- Personal insurance (recommended but not required)
- Transport: Travel to / from Moreton, Dorset (Direct train from London Waterloo to Moreton. Parking also available at the Manor House).
- Those coming from London we recommend getting the 18:05 train from London Waterloo which arrives to Moreton Dorset for 20:29.
- Everyone outside of London to meet us at Moreton Train Station for 20:30. If driving, arrive to The Manor House between 20:30 - 21:00.
TIMING & LOCATION
Arrival at the Manor House will be from 20:30 on Friday evening. The event will finish at 09:00 on Monday morning, though attendees are welcome to leave on Sunday if that is preferable. The weekend itinerary can be found below & further details will be shared in your Welcome Packs.
For those coming by car, the arrival address is Manor House, Moreton, Dorchester, Dorset, DT2 8RG. The nearest train station is Moreton, with direct trains from London Waterloo & Southampton.
FRIDAY 22 NOV
18:05 - 20:29: London Waterloo -> Moreton Station
People outside of London to meet us at Moreton Station 20:30
20:45 - 21:00: Taxi to our Manor House
21:00 - 22:00: Relax, welcome drink & introduction
Accommodation in Moreton, Dorset (organised by EVOSSI)
SATURDAY 23 NOV
07:00 - 08:00: Morning Hatha Yoga led by Olivia (optional)
08:00 - 09:00: Breakfast
09:15 - 12:00: 12 or 6 mile coastal trail run (optional)
09:15 - 11:15: Local hike (optional)
12:45 - 13:45: Lunch
14:00 - 17:00: Kayak, Mountain Bike (£ - extra activity). Leisure Walk, Tennis, Snooker, Relax etc (optional)
15:00 - 16:00: Afternoon Vinyasa Flow Yoga led by Olivia (optional)
17:00: Afternoon snack
18:00 - 19:00: Drinks provided by our friends at Bodega Bay, the story behind it & how it's made.
19:15: Taxi to restaurant
19:30 - 21:00: Dinner & drinks (not included in price)
21:00 - 22:00: Ultra runner & EVOSSI Ambassador Ollie Knight shares his favourite races, practical tips for adventure running & an open Q&A.
22:00 - Taxi to our Manor House
SUNDAY 24 NOV
07:00: Morning Yin Yoga led by Olivia (optional)
08:00 - 09:00: Breakfast
09:00 - 09:30: Strength & Conditioning for runners workshop, led by coach Liam Mystery (optional)
09:30 - 11:15: 10 or 5 mile wild forest run (optional)
12:30 - 13:30: Lunch
14:00 - 16:30: Kayak, mountain bike (£ - extra activity). Leisure walk, tennis, snooker, relax etc (optional)
17:00 - 18:00: Open discussion to reflect & share on adventures.
18:00 - 19:00: Evening drink & snack
19:00 - 20:00: Celebration takeaway (not included in price)
20:00 - 22:00: Adventure films & relax
*Please note, you are free to leave anytime on Sunday if that is preferable, otherwise stay until Monday! Taxis to the station are not included, though we can help you arrange them.*
MONDAY 25 NOV
08:00 - 09:00: Breakfast
09:53 - 12:49: Train back to London Euston
People outside of London to head home at a similar time
- The pace will be approximately 9/10min mile.
- We will run as a pack, however if there is a natural split we will regroup at photo & water break opportunities.
- Ideally you will be able to run 10K comfortably.
- Groups will be split according to abilities on the day.
Explore Dorset's beautiful Jurassic Coastline via Kayak! Marvel at amazing rock strata, formations & fossils. Jurassic Coast Activities will lead the adventure.
Mountain Bike Hire
Discover Dorset on 2 wheels. Short trails to more adventurous routes such as Portland which boasts magnificent views of Chesil Beach and the surrounding Jurassic Coast.
World wanderer & yoga teacher Olivia Thurlwell will lead a mix of rejuvenating & deeply relaxing yoga for all abilities. Olivia will guide you through a series of Yin & Yang classes focusing on strengthening key muscle groups, enhancing flexibility, breathing & alignment.
Adventure run talk
Ultra runner & EVOSSI Ambassador, Ollie, will share his favourite adventure run stories, practical trail running skills & open up into a Q&A.
Strength & Conditioning for runners workshop
Coach Liam will lead a session focused on injury prevention techniques, warmup circuit style for runners & answering technical questions runners may have.
Alcoholic sparkling water provided by our friends at Bodega Bay
Charlie & his friends were in California hanging out after a day of adventure when they were introduced to a new drink, Hard Seltzers, taking the US by storm. They've since created Bodega Bay, the UK's first quality alcohol, sparkling water with natural flavours. They are also naturally gluten free & vegan - delicious post activities! @BodegaBayDrink
We can't wait to explore Dorset with you on this special Adventure Run Retreat!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org